Tuesday, February 10, 2009

“It couldn't have happened anywhere but in little old New York.”

This past weekend I went with my friend Rachel to New York City.  We met up with her friend Courtney who goes to Fordham in Brooklyn.

I took my first train ride into the city! I honestly don't know why I was so excited but hey now I can say I've traveled by train.  The scenery on the ride was so beautiful, but it was hard to stay awake, one- because I went to bed at four in the morning the night before, and two- because the smooth motion of the train lulled me to sleep.  Here is the pretty view from the train, and Rachel passed out next to me:     
             
We got to grand central and I of course immediately began taking pictures like an obnoxious tourist: 

We pretty much spent the day doing nothing, but that's the best part of New York City, you could spend all day there, do nothing, and never be bored.  

Only in new york city can you go into the subway and have your ears harassed by the sounds of an electric violinist covering britney spears's "Oops I did it again."  Only in New York City can you go to the Met and get in for free, and then get hit on by a middle-aged security guard.  Only in New York City can you see pre-teens obliterated off their asses in grand central station. Only in New York City can a girl survive on fifteen dollars. Only in New York City can you see all races, all social statuses, all ages thriving and surviving as one.  

"The present in New York is so powerful that the past is lost."

2 comments:

The Sexy Pedestrian said...

So true, the place is like a drug. I've been itching to get back since my first trip in January.

Unknown said...

Oh excellent! I'm so glad you went! I love visiting proper cities, because they're so full of life. And trains? They're the ONLY way to go (unless you have a lot of water to cross).
Love yoUUUU!!!

Followers