Monday, July 12, 2010

One by one...

One day they fell, one by courageous one, and when that happened the world lost the souls that fought for its freedom, and piece by broken piece my faith chipped away.

Sunday, at the moment Spain and the Netherlands played for the world cup three bombs exploded in Kampala, Uganda. One was under the table of an Ethiopian restaurant where my friend, Uganda's friend and the world's friend sat. (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/12/world/africa/12uganda.html)

I awoke this morning to the news, hurling in pain at the double blow this tragedy brings. Two of God's beautiful soldiers for peace have returned to him this year, but were selfishly ripped away from us.

*Aside to God: Why? How could you be taking away those that offer the world peace, those that live to create freedom for all? Do you only take the good? It feels like you are slowly poisoning this world, kicking the crutches out from under us, taking from us the souls that hold most promise--those that, if you had just let stay, would have brought world peace. Stop it! Stop taking the good, stop taking those that I love. Leave me with a little hope left, that's all I ask. Please, let the ones I love live. I don't like waking up each day afraid to lose anyone else.*

Rob, now Nate. Two friends. Both living out their dreams when the time came calling, both working tirelessly for Invisible Children, both fighting for humanity. The similarities of the circumstances nauseate my soul, and shred away the healing that started to take place. I am reliving a nightmare that has been with me everyday since November 13.

Rest in peace. You are in my thoughts and prayers Henn family.
http://blog.invisiblechildren.com/2010/07/in-loving-memory-of-nate-oteka-henn/


No comments:

Followers