Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Good Evening, and Goodnight


Today was a very long and wonderful day.

I woke up this morning, and went to breakfast, only to find out that the power had gone out in our Student Center, where our cafeteria is, in Champagnat (one of the freshman dorms), in Marion (another dorm), in Gartland (upperclassman housing), and in the library.  Strange.

Classes were tough, but I got through them.  I completed tedious homework, so now hopefully I can focus on the main issues at hand: my two research papers.  

And then after my last class I got the most loveliest of surprises.  Housing called me down and said I had a package that I needed to pick up before 5.  A package, sent to housing? I went down, with great curiosity, and found to my surprise I had been sent flowers!  My boyfriend, Kory, sent me the most beautiful autumn colored bouquet.  In the anticipation of going home, and with the crap load of homework I am piled under, I needed this now more than ever.  It was the sweetest 5th month anniversary surprise I have ever received.  I love him! : )

I tackled the rest of my homework with a lighter heart, and went to dance rehearsal at 9.  I did not get back until 12:34.  3 and a half hours of waiting around, and maybe 10 minutes of actually dancing.  There is nothing quiet like sitting around for several hours to make someone so exhausted.  

This day could have been viewed as one strange and terrible day, with hard classes, a pop essay, lack of power in certain buildings, the bitter cold, and a long dance rehearsal...but instead that pretty bouquet of autumn flowers sitting on my microwave, and all of the love wrapped up in that one simple act, has turned everything around.  I can't help but smile.

No comments:

Followers