Thursday, November 13, 2008

So far...

So, no real insightful messages or ponderings for this week, just a simple update on what's happening in my life:

Today is a rainy, cold day that chills you to the bone.  I am done classes for the day and just want to curl up in bed and watch a movie or something, maybe read a book, but I know I can't.  Next weeks busy schedule looms over my head urging me to push forward with work that I know is due next week.  

So next week is the big dance rehearsal week at Marist for our dance clubs performance.  My schedule will leave no time for socializing.  The madness and mayhem begins this sunday.  I have to take a bus to the local FDR high school and be there at 11 am for the Lighting and Staging Rehearsal.  I have a break Monday.  Tuesday there is rehearsal at the McCann center (right behind my dorm) at 9 pm.  Rehearsal at 9 pm again on Wednesday, and Thursday.  Then Friday I have to catch another bus at 4 or 4:45 (either way this means I have to get out of class early) to the FDR again for Dress Rehearsal at 5 pm.  Saturday is the first show.  We have to leave on the bus at 2:30 and be backstage by 4 pm.  I also have to remember that during intermission I am selling raffle tickets.  Sunday is the last show.  We have to leave on the bus at 11:30 and be backstage by 1 pm.  So it's going to be a week long of rehearsal after rehearsal, late night after late night, and hour after hour of waiting in boredom, did I mention I am the second to last act.  Yea, long wait to get through 470 dancers in their various performances.  On top of dance mayhem, I also have a research paper to write, not to mention all of the other homework my crazy professors will concoct, and I have to make sure I am all packed to go home by Sunday.  

Break couldn't come soon enough.  I am starting to run low on enthusiasm, optimism, tissues, water bottles, energy, breakfast items, and motivation.  I have developed a serious case of Collegitis, but the good news is that I have found the cure, a few doses of whoop ass (me whooping my own ass that is), and self-motivational talks.  It was much worse last week. I think I am on the road to recovery, although I might go through a relapse when I come back from vacation, so I think I'll have to up my dosage of self-prescribed remedies.   

Besides the looming week of pure dance craziness, I have been preocuppying my hours of procrastination with a few things:
The first thing is repetitively listening to the songs "Be Be Your Love" by Rachael Yamagata, check out this video on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i35RTgP1GCo (its the best live version I've found so far), "Sideways" by Citizen Cope, and "Question" by Old 97's.
Secondly, catching up on Pushing Daises.

And the third form of amusement I've found is "fail blog,"  which is really funny and quite amusing.  If you ever have spare time I suggest you go to google and type in fail blog, or just go to http://failblog.org.  If you ever feel like an epic failure this page is sure to make you feel much better about yourself.  

Hmmm...let's see, further happenings in my life...
Oh, well I now know the true meaning of the phrase "broke like a college student."  Well, it's not so much that I am completely broke, but I do not have bag loads of money either, so I've been trying to stretch my supplies to the best of my ability without having to walk all the way to rite aid, or pay one dollar for the bus to go to the grocery store.  
For awhile now I have been without breakfast foods, I do have a box of cereal but no milk, so I have A. not been eating anything for breakfast, B. getting my own butt up and going to get breakfast in the cafeteria in the mornings, C. trying to sleep later so by the time I wake up I either have to go to class, or it is time for lunch, or D. taking bananas from the cafeteria for breakfast (one of my friends had a mug full of milk that she carried from the cafeteria back to her refrigerator in her room, which I thought very clever.  Hey, if you can get it for "free" than why go buy a carton?  I might have to try that one of these days.) Then, recently I began to run out of tissues.  Now I need to include the fact that I have had a cold all week, and am now just getting over it.  I went through all of my tissue boxes by the beginning of November, and asked my friend to pick me up a box when she went to the store, instead she said she had way to many and gave me one.  I reluctantly agreed.  But now I am almost done with that one as well, in less than a week.  So (yea this might gross you out) I've been reusing the ones I have not fully used up before, or going to the bathroom and using toilet paper.  Hey, don't judge, funds are limited, and I'm just trying to get by one more week until I go home.  I also have half a case, or less of water bottles left. I'm trying to ration them out, because they too have to last me through next week, especially with all of those rehearsals.  You can call me stingy, but hey what can I say, I'm in college now.

On a completely different matter, we just began to read The History Boys by Alan Bennett in my college writing II class.  It is quite an amusing play thus far.  We only covered Act I in class today, but so far there is plenty of witty banter and scandal, and a dash of the disturbed.  I think it promises to be a very good read, so if you are ever bored, go read it!  It won a Tony Award for crying out loud.  Although I must say qualifications for reading it are that you have to be able to read french (the whole play isn't in french but parts are), and you can't be a complete prude, there is definitely some suggestive material in this play.  But you can't create a brilliant masterpiece without crossing the line a little.

Well that is all for now...I should start writing my research paper...humph!

I miss you all, and I can't wait to see you all at Thanksgiving!






"If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad." - Lord Byron




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the fail blog... made me feel better anyway! And hey, I'll send you a case of tissues, although I was always fond of the roll-of-toilet-paper-set-aside-for-the-face thing. There's no shame in that! If it's good enough for your tender bits, it's good enough for your nose!! :D xxxx

the foxy file said...

Oh molly, I miss you!!
XOXOXOXO!!!!!

Followers